Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday, September 2, 2010

I am still so tired, and I haven't hiked in two days now!  Instead I met my new nephew yesterday, and I have been trying to make up for lost time in the garden and with my neglected housework.  However, the hiking break is over--there are trailwork plans in the works for the weekend.  It will be my final chance to really get out & play before school starts next week.  Maybe we'll be lucky and find some more huckleberries, too!

We'll be working on the Slate Creek trail, which is one of the trails I hiked for Hike-a-Thon.  This is the one where somebody complained on the trailhead register that he couldn't possibly get over all of the downfall and couldn't even do the hike.  I didn't think that it was all that bad, but I like the opportunity to take out the crosscut saw.  The trail is only 4.2 miles long, so I hope we can finish the whole thing on Saturday.

Funny conversation at practice today:  We were doing strength after today's run.  It was probably around 9am.  We started to do the iron bridge.  One of the girls said "How long do we do this one?"  I replied, "I'm not timing it; we'll just do this until I get too tired to do it anymore."  To this Mariya said, "I have to leave at 10AM, Weiler."  I still laugh every time I think about it.  :)

No comments: