Friday, September 2, 2011

August 29, 2011--back to civilization

Today I hiked back out, adding huckleberries to my water bottle as I went.  I was a little disappointed that I didn't see a bear along the way; I'm pretty sure yesterday's large animal was a bear, but I haven't actually seen one at all this summer.  By this time last year I'd seen several.

I returned to the car and drove down to Mill Pond and hiked a short section of the Mill Pond Interpretive Loop.  I didn't hike the whole thing this time; instead I tried to fish a little.  I didn't have any luck.

After that I made a stop at Sweet Creek and hiked the trail there--and saw the funniest trail sign ever:

It was, of course, a perfectly manicured trail.  It was paved up to that point, and when it changed to gravel it became dangerous.  I wonder what the sign makers would have said about the Shedroof Divide?

Mileage = 8.5

No comments: