Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Slacker

Monday, 1/30: The start of the new semester and I hadn't even finished my work from the old semester!  I stayed in and graded and entered grades and generally panicked about life.  No running.
Tuesday, 1/31:  Things were a little better tonight, but I still had a handful of essays to grade plus grades to post.  I did the Saltese loop & then worked to get the essays graded and the final grades entered & posted.  Whew!  Run = 3 miles.
Wednesday, 2/1:  I needed a run tonight.  Life is too stressful right now & I'll be glad when things calm down a bit!  I headed out for a run, ran into one of my students in the hallway, and joined her for the first part of the run.  She  was running less than I wanted to do today, so I did the warmup loop to make it a little longer.  Run = 3 miles.
Thursday, 2/2:  Tonight I ran Mohawk!  It makes a nice loop from the school and has a great hill.  It nearly killed me, but I needed it!  Run = 4.5 miles
Friday, 2/3:  EZ Centennial Trail run--I had to walk the icy sections in the shade.  3 miles
Saturday, 2/4:  I had a meeting at Mount Spokane in the morning, so I took my skis and skied afterwards.  The snow & grooming were fantastic today and I did a big loop that included Elevator Shaft and The Wall.  Today was the first time I was able to ski these trails without have to stop to catch my breath multiple times!  Ski = 8 miles.
Sunday, 2/5:  Skijor day on the mountain!  If I were good I would have gone for a run first, but I was working on too many projects at home, plus I wasn't feeling very well.  Blaze was only pulling part of the time, so it was at least a little bit of a workout for me, too.  He was able to try out his new harness & chest protector & skijor line for the first time--here's my unsolicited plug for Howling Dog Alaska--they have great skijor gear!  Ski = 5 miles.

Weekly totals: Run = 13.5 miles & Ski = 13 miles

No comments: