Monday, August 19, 2013

Past time for an update!

I haven't had a chance to update this thing in awhile!  That's just because I've been out hiking.  Here's some of the stuff I've been up to since the last post:

8/5:  I did my favorite loop run in Riverside State Park.  Every time I do this run, I think about back in college when we had to run "Half-pipe hills" on a portion of this route.  That was one tough workout.  Sometimes I think about going back and doing that again, and then I remember how painful it was...but here's the trip report from my 6 miler.
8/6:  Two-a-day time!  My first one was a run at Mount Spokane State Park.  I went up trail 110 and down trail 140, returning via the Mt. Kit Carson Loop Road in order to complete a 4.8 mile loop.  After that I drove up to the Nordic trail system to hunt huckleberries.  I intended to go out to Shadow Mountain, but thought I'd check out the berries on Eagle Crest on my way out.  I found so many berries that I didn't make it beyond Eagle Crest!  I also saw an assortment of wildlife today: a vole on trail 140, a black bear just before junction 2 in the Nordic area (it ran away with its mouth open!  poor scared bear), a lopsided moose on Eagle Crest (one side of its antlers was nearly twice the size of the other side!), plus a deer.  The hike was 3.41 miles + about a gallon of huckleberries.  I did a trip report for the running part.
8/7:  Today I did the Iller Creek Loop.  I went up the creek-side trail and down the ridge, and then I was too tired to run or hike anymore!  4.85 miles.
8/8: I ran from the Antoine Peak west-side trail head to the summit and back.  Blaze came along to help me out.  4.54 miles.  Then I left town to drive to the Glacier Peak Wilderness for the weekend!  :)
8/9-8/12: Glacier Peak time!  Read my trip report here.

That's all I have time to update for now...lots more to follow!

No comments: