Sunday, June 24, 2012

June 11-17, 2012

I feel like I've been writing this a lot: This week was a total loss when it comes to training!  I guess I can't really expect anything else from the last week of the school year.  Well, for me it was the LAST last week of the school year as a high school English teacher!  When I go back to school next fall, it's as a student, not a teacher.  After that...we'll see.  I just know that I can't do what I've been doing anymore.

As for the week, it was too much work, too much grading, too much to do, especially too much stress, and no time to run.  Until the weekend, that is--I was reduced to weekend warrior this week!

Saturday morning was still too much to do because it was the Foothills Scenic Five!  I got the preregistration stuff ready on Friday night, and then Rich and I were out setting up the course markers just after 6am.  For once, everything about the race went smoothly!  I've been in charge of the race aspect of Scenic Five day for the past several years now, and this was definitely the best one yet.  Whew!

In the afternoon, I went up to Mount Spokane to do the pre-cleaning for the Chalet cleanup on Sunday, and I could finally relax!  I did the world's easiest Mount Spokane run--the 130a + 130b loop, but I felt much better afterwards.  Then I vacuumed and cleaned and cleaned and vacuumed.  The chalet was pretty dirty inside.

On Sunday I got up early to do a run in the Nordic area before people arrived to help with the chalet cleanup.  Now if I can just carry the weekend momemtum into the upcoming week!

Weekly mileage = only 7.5 miles.

No comments: