Monday, June 18, 2012

May 28-June 2

Monday--we hiked out on the Rapid River Trail today, a distance of about 6 miles.  After that it was the long drive home; fortunately, I was just a passenger.  I graded papers the whole way back!
Tuesday--back to work & I had angry knees.  I took today off.
Wednesday--I ran Iller Creek today.  I went up the ridge trail and back on the creekside trail.  That is such a nice loop and I can't wait to share it with the team this summer!  Approximately 5.5 miles.
Thursday & Friday = nada.
Saturday--Jeff & Deb were supposed to meet me for an early run on Mount Spokane.  Morning brought so much ran that they canceled, but I decided to go for it.  I was completely drenched, but it was worth it!  I started at the switchback parking lot, took trail 100 out to Smith Gap, and then ran the Hay Ridge Loop.  I think it's about 6 miles.
Sunday--Jeff & Deb rescheduled for today, and the weather decided to cooperate.  We started at the switchback lot and took trail 110 up, and then returned via 140 and the Kit Carson Loop Road.  I think the mileage is about the same as what I did yesterday, but the elevation gain is far more significant on this route.  We decided that we're going to try to do this run more often to get ready for Cutthroat!

Weekly mileage: hiking = 6 miles; running = 17.5 miles  

No comments: