Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July 16 - July 22

This week was more like it!  This was a good running week and a good hiking week--more like what I'll need to do during Hike-a-Thon next month (although I'll still need higher mileage than this)!

I started the week with a run from the high school up Mohawk.  I always thought this was longer, but I drove it after and it's only 4.5 miles. 

On Tuesday I worked at the park and went for a run on my lunch break--up trail 110, across the Lower Kit Carson Loop Road and down lower 140 back to the park entrance (6 miles).  After that I met Lynn for trailwork on trail 160--about a 3 mile hike from the Cook's Cabin trailhead.

On Wednesday I was at Iller Creek.  We didn't go to the top this time, but instead took the side trail on the right side from the parking lot.  It was about 4 miles.  In the afternoon I returned to the mountain for the Wednesday night hike to Horse & Quartz Mountains, adding 6 miles of hiking to my day.

Thursday was my short day with only a 2 mile hike on Mount Spokane, but on Friday I was back in the Dishman Hills for a 5.5 miler.

For the weekend I joined a WTA workparty in the Salmo Priest Wilderness.  There were so many cars at the trailhead--this place is getting popular!  We only hiked about 4 miles on Saturday, but on Sunday Derrick and I completed the loop following trailwork, so it was a 20 mile day!  I was so tired--we worked from 7:30-2:45, and then hiked from 2:45-8:05.  I think we only stopped and sat down three times during the entire hike--just long enough to filter water and eat something. 

Run = 20 miles & hike = 35 miles

No comments: