Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday, August 15, 2010

First, how I spent my morning:
My sink all full of huckleberries!
Ten jars for the freezer plus eight cups for the huckleberry cheesecake recipe for Monday's potluck
Today I was back to running!  I decided to stick to the Mt. Kit Carson Loop Road in the park, since it has a fairly level surface and no overly-steep sections.  I only ran as far as the three-mile marker & back, but I ran the entire way (and relatively pain free)!  I'm still really surprised about how out-of-shape I feel.  I knew that hiking was not a substitute for running, but I can barely handle 9-minute mile pace right now.  By the end of the run my stride was feeling a little closer to normal anyway, and I was even able to get up on my toes a little.  Progress!

Today's mileage = 6.0 miles
August total mileage = 163.15 miles

No comments: