Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Update!

This afternoon I went up to the Mount Spokane Nordic Area for an afternoon run/hike.  My calf survived the Cake Walk without so much as a twinge, so I thought perhaps I was ready to run again.  I decided to play it safe by running the trails out to junction one and back, and at nine minutes and thirty-five seconds (approximately how long I managed last time, too) my calf tightened up again.  Ugh.  I sooooo want to run right now--especially since I arrived home to a phone message that there is space for me in this year's Cutthroat Classic.  I have been on a waiting list since June, I can now get in...but I know I shouldn't.  If I can't make it to ten minutes tonight, how can I make it eleven miles in a few weeks?  Sigh.

I'm getting ahead of myself, though.  I didn't stop at ten minutes tonight--instead I grabbed my backpack and started hiking out around Shadow Mountain.  I knew that there would be huckleberries out there, and I hung out on the flank of the mountain for a couple hours in order to pick them.

The trails: (RUN) Valley View to Bear Grass to Brian's Hill.  (HIKE) Bear Grass to the car, then back on Bear Grass to Sam's Swoop to Eagle Crest to Shady Way to the Shadow Mountain Loop to Wild Moose to Hemlock to Blue Jay to Bear Grass.  (12.6K)

Grand total for the day = 7.81 miles; grand total for the month = 51.36 miles

No comments: