Wednesday, August 17, 2011

August 17, 2011: Trail run + huckleberry hike

Today I decided to go to the chalet for a trailrun followed by a huckleberry hunt followed by stargazing from the deck.  For the run I left the chalet and ran up 130 past Bald Knob, out to the CCC cabin, & then down to the big intersection with 110, 135, 140 & 170.  I took a run intermission to check out the huckleberry crop on 110 and 135 (1/2 mile of walking but the berries were all still green).  Then I continued the run up 170 to the summit of Mt. Kit Carson, took 130 across to the saddle between Kit Carson and Day, and then returned via 130. 

When I got back to the chalet I ate dinner and then headed over to the Nordic area to find some huckleberries.  I picked about a quart from Brian's Hill and Bear Grass before I returned to the chalet.

The stargazing wasn't so great tonight--it was a little hazy.  It was pretty cool when the moon rose, however--it was bright orange.  I didn't see any meteors this time.

Mileage = 9.6

No comments: