Friday, August 26, 2011

Thursday, August 25, 2011

I got in my first trail mile of the day after cross country practice this morning.  The team has a hard workout at Camp Caro tomorrow, and I went to measure part of the route today.  I took both the Main Trail and the East/West Pond Trail as I wheeled out our route for a total distance of one mile, all in my sandals.

The afternoon was better, but it was also so hot!  I had to be at the GSL coaches meeting at 5:30, so I timed my errands so that I could run at 4pm, be done by 5pm, and still make the meeting on time.  I went out to Bowl & Pitcher in Riverside State Park and did an out-and-back on trail 25.  I wanted to do my favorite loop, but I feared that it was too hot on the exposed bluff and that I wouldn't have enough time to finish it without being late to the meeting.  The lower trail stays fairly close to the river, so it was nice and cool except out on the burned portion (in some places I think there must be underground streams entering the river--there were spots along the trail that were downright chilly).  The run was 5 miles.

Total mileage = 6 miles

No comments: