Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Saturday, August 20, 2011: Around the Mountain

I returned to Mount Spokane for the "Around the Mountain" loop today.  My favorite way to approach this is to start at the snowmobile SnoPark lot and take 130 up to B-29 trail, out to Bald Knob, out past the CCC cabin, and then down the hill on the Kit Carson Loop Trail.  I take that until I reach the  next 130 intersection (also known as the chair four road) and take that all the around the mountain--past chair four in the Alpine ski area and around to chair three.  This time I took the cat track back to chair one and then just hiked back out along the road--it was a hot day and I was tired, so I decided to just walk the last part.  I took two water bottles and drained them both today!  I was also scouting for huckleberries--and I found them! 

Mileage = 11.3

No comments: